You may be in need of a new roof installation, depending on the condition and age of your current roof. On average, asphalt shingle roofs last between 15 to 30 years. Some types of shingles can last up to 50 with the proper maintenance and care. On the other hand, tiles can last 50 to 100 years based on the materials.
Of course, your home could need a new roof installed before the materials have aged completely. The conditions and care in which your roofing material go through will directly impact their lifespan. In some cases, it may be shorter than the average. When that happens, a new roof installation is necessary.
New Roof Installation Process
You may be curious about the process of a new roof installation. In that case, we have outlined our installation process to better understand what we will be doing to your home. In most cases, a new roof installation can be completed in a day, while some may require two or three depending on the weather.
Here is the process of a new roof installation for your Los Angeles home:
1. Removal of the Old Roof: Before we can begin installing your new roof, we must remove the old roof. Our team will manage the proper disposal and removal of your old shingles or tiles. We also do our best to limit the mess as we do not want to cover your property with old roofing materials.
2. Decking Repair or Replacement: Not every new roof installation will need decking repairs or replacements. We will let you know if this step is necessary during your estimate when a project manager inspects the roof. In some cases, we find damage to the decking after the removal of the old roof. If this occurs, our team will handle the removal and replacement.
3. Underlayment: After the decking is repaired or if your decking is in good condition, we will start applying the underlayment. Essentially, underlayment is an additional layer of protection for your home. If water does manage to make its way past your roof, it will help prevent it from damaging the decking.
4. New Roof Installation: From there, we start installing your shingle or tile roof. This step will look different depending on the type of roofing material you choose. Tiles and asphalt shingles have their own methods of being installed, which our team will manage.
5. Flashing: Finally, the last step of your new roof installation is flashing. Flashing covers all the seems of your roof. Elevation changes, pipes, chimneys, and other qualities of your roof require flashing around their bases. These are the weakest points of your roof, so flashing is used to protect them from moisture penetration.
Receive a New Roof Installation Today
If you are looking for new roof installation services for your Los Angeles home, give Golden City Remodeling a call. Our team will provide a free estimate for your new roof. Give us a call to schedule your free estimate or to ask more questions about our roofing services. You may find additional information on our roofing service page. We look forward to hearing from you about our roofing services.